Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraGridColumn problem with spaces
posted

Hi,

Sorry to write this question again, but nobody  from development team replied since June. I would appreciate any reply at all. If you need more info, tell me. If the thing I want to do is not possible, please tell me.

I have various data in ultragrid and I would like to format some data in the cell.

So I have a string:

1234567       890

and I would like to format it in the following way:

123|456|7_._|_|__.__|890

I  tried following approach:

UltraGridColumn.MaskInput = "aaa|aaa|aa.a|a|aa.aa|aaa";

UltraGridColumn = MaskMode.IncludeBoth;

The problem is that it does not work as expected. Data are displayed like this:

123|456|7_._|_|_8.90|___

I have found out that the problem is present when string I want to format includes spaces. As long as I remove the spaces everything is fine. I have replaced space with x. String now looks like this:

1234567xxxxxxx890

Formatted string is displayed as expected:

123|456|7x.x|x|xx.xx|890

I have numbers in the sample, but they should be treatet as string. So instead of 1234 I can have abcd.

So my question is what do I do wrong? Is this even possible?

Thank you for replying.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi,

I'm having a hard time understanding exactly what the issue is. You are saying that the value of the cell is "1234567xxxxxxx890", but instead of "x", you have a space character? And in that case, this does not work? If that's the case, it sounds like a bug to me.

Can you reproduce this issue in a small sample project and post it here so we can check it out?

Children