Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraGrid copy with multiple headers
posted

I have an UltraGrid (Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid) which has several kinds of headers.  The layout takes this format: 

Section Header
ColumnX     ColumnY
DataX1         DataY1
DataX2         DataY2
...                   ....

I currently use this.DisplayLayout.Override.AllowMultiCellOperations = AllowMultiCellOperation.CopyWithHeaders; when I copy with headers.  However, when I do a copy with headers and paste, my results take the format:

ColumnX     ColumnY
DataX1         DataY1
DataX2         DataY2
...                   ....

This is problematic because the grid can have several sets of data side-by-side with different section headers.  The column names remain the same: X, Y, X, Y, ..., with different sets of data below the first X and the second X .  So the user cannot tell which columns match which section headers.
One workaround for this could be to temporarily select the column headers (recursing or iterating as long as the current header has another header above it), perform a CopyWithHeaders, and deselect the column headers.  Would this work?  Or is there a better way to go about this?

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi,

What is the Section Header? Is that a group header? Or a column header? Are you using RowLayouts?

I'm pretty sure that the current AllowMultiCellOperation functionality in the grid does not support group headers, but your solution might work if the section header is a column header acting as a group header.

Children