Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
When can i find documentation about designing layout of a grid?
posted

Hi,

i would like to design my ultragrid's layout but it is very difficult to learn all the properties (there are too much :D)

So i would like to find some "basics" properties description such as : 

-Extend the last column of the parent and not the children

-Change the color/font of a row/cell

-create band/childband dynamically

-add custom control and design them in the grid

Thank you.

Kind Regards.

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Dnx said:
    Extend the last column of the parent and not the children

You can set UltraGrid.DisplayLayout.AutoFitStyle to 'ExtendLastColumn' to stretch the last column out over the remaining horizontal space, but you can only set it for all bands, not just one.

Dnx said:
    Change the color/font of a row/cell

See UltraGridRow.Appearance, UltraGridCell.Appearance. The Appearance property in both cases returns an object which exposes properties like ForeColor, FontData, etc.

Dnx said:
    create band/childband dynamically

This is a function of the data source to which the grid is bound. I think our UltraDataSource component supports this, and the grid can bind to that.

Dnx said:
    add custom control and design them in the grid

The UltraGridColumn class encapsulates the columns displayed by the control, and UltraGridColumn exposes an EditorComponent property. The NA 2009.2 release included support for displaying a custom control in a cell through the UltraControlContainerEditor class.

Reply Children