Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Cell Owner Draw
posted

Need a little direction please...

I have been asked to draw a cell as black on black (redact the cell) unless on a specific row type.  Now if the cell was plain text... its a piece of cake; however, the column is a T/F value and gets a checkbox editor control.  No matter what I do to the ForeColor and BackColor or Enable/Disable, the edit control remains "visible."  Make matters worse, I have not found how I might get at the edit control's Visible property.

Any idea how I might effect this desire?  Do I create an unbound column and manually add the edit control to the cell or ???  Sure could use a hint or 2 or 3...

Thx,

Brian

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi Brian,

Does it have to be black on black? Or do you just want to hide the checkbox?

If the former, then I'd use a CreationFilter to replace the contents of the cell with a single UIElement and give it a solid background.If you are not familiar with CreationFilters, then this will be a bit tricky for your first one, but I can help you along with some sample code if you need it.

If you just want to hide the checkbox, then this is incredibly easy. All you have to do is use the InitializeRow event and set the Hidden property on the cell based on some other cell values in the same row.

Children