Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Multi-group option
posted

Hi,

I'm trying to create a multi-group grid, using the UltraGridGroup.

What I'm trying to do is a table that looks like this:

AAA                 |         BB      |

XX    | YY        |   XX  |    YY |

1 | 2 | 1 | 2     | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

<table values>

I hope it is clear, if not, I'll try to describe in words:

Original column names are build from 3 'groups': A, B and C (for example AAA@@@XX@@@1).

The final grid should show property A in the first group, property B in the second group and property C in the third group (and after that, the actual values).

I've tried to use the UltraGridGroup, but the problem is that I can't connect a group to another group, so it doesn't work - one of the groups is displayed as a 'new column', because it doesn't have any column related to it (seeting a column for groupB remove this column from groupA).

How can I do what I'm trying?

Parents
    Offline posted

Hi,

You can't do this in the standard RowLayoutStyle. There's no way to do nested groups in that style.

You can do this using RowLayouts. If you have the latest version of the grid, then you can have nested groups. If you have an older version, before the RowLayoutStyle property was added, then you could still do something like by using columns with no cells to simulate the group headers. But the best way would be to use the RowLayoutStyle of GroupLayout which lets you have nested groups.

Reply Children