Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to exclude weekends from task?
posted

I'm looking at your new GanttView control. It looks great. However I can not understand how to make weekend days unused within task duration. Saturday and Sunday is grayed on time line but not considered as weekends. I create task  which starts at Friday and has duration 2 days. I suppose that it ends at Monday because calendarInfo attached to ganttView considered (by default) Saturday and Sunday as weekend but task ends at Saturday. It is confusing and unnatural (after people have used MS Project). Weekends (calendar days with IsWorking = false) must not be counted for task duration.

Same problem with holidays. Currently they also counted as working days.

Implementing these behaviour you should consider another nuance. In Russia (not sure about other countries) if holiday is on thursday then thursday and friday will be nonworking days but sunday will be working day. Also if holiday is on tuesday then tuesday and monday will be nonworking days but saturday will be working day. If holiday is on weekend then monday will be nonworking day.

Of course this specific with holidays should not be explicitely implemented in GanttView or CalendarInfo. I suppose that should be ablility to set concrete date as working or nonworking and weekends and holidays should be initially counted as nonworking.

Parents Reply Children