Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Removing Bound Columns from a WinGrid
posted

This should not be difficult, but I am not finding a way to remove columns that are bound to data sources.

I have an .xsd file, but even when I change the field name or remove it, and then build the project, I still cannot remove the bound column from the grid.

Sorry this seems to elementary, my programming skills are elementary and I am pulling my hair out over something this simple.

Thank you for your time.

T.J.

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi TJ,

I'm not sure I understand your question.

The grid will create columns based on the data source. If a field exists in the data source, you cannot remove it from the grid. You can hide a column in the grid using the Hidden property on the column, but it cannot be removed. 

If you have removed the column from your data source and you bind the grid, then the column should be gone. If that's not working, then something is wrong with the way you are removing the column - it can't really be gone from the data.  

Children