Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to change cursor over the text area in a cell
posted

Hi,

I know how to change the mouse cursor when mouse over a specific cell. I however would like to know if I can change the cursor only if the mouse is actually on top of the text. When the mouse is over the empty space but not over the text within a cell, can I detect that also? Is this possible?

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

I don't think there's any way to do this. You could trap for when the mouse is over a TextUIElement or TextUIElementBase, but the element itself probably just fills the whole cell (or most of it) regardless of the actual size of the text.

The only way to do something like this would be to measure the text yourself and try to determine it's exact position, which would mean duplicating a lot of the logic that is used to draw the text in the first place. There are so many options and so many different ways that this occurs, that it would be nearly impossible.

Children