Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WinGrid Problem showing the hidden column in particular environment.
posted

Hi mike,

am using infragistics win grid for my window form, we found a stranger behavior of grid we develop and tested this form in our Development, UAT and mockup environment the form are good. when we install in our production environment i was surprise to see the hidden column in the winGrid. the setup of production are same as we have in our development,UAT environment. Please let me know what could be the cause of this prob ASAP. Appreciate ur help.

Regards

cyus

Parents
    Offline posted

Hi Cyus,

What is UAT? I'm not familiar with the abbreviation. Is that some other third-party development platform? If so, it's probably not something we support.

In any case, if the grid is behaving differently on a client machine than on your development PC, then clearly there has to be a difference between the two machines. Perhaps they are using different versions of the grid, or the data structure is slightly different. Maybe your application is loading a layout file on your machine that does not exist on the client machine. It's really impossible for me to guess with any accuracy, since I know nothing about your application.

Is the visibility of the hidden column the only difference? Or are you losing the entire layout of the grid?

How are you hiding the column in the first place? I recommend using the InitializeLayout event of the grid, rather than hiding columns at design-time. That way, the code will be triggered and the column will be hidden after you set the grid's DataSource and you will not be relying on the data structure matching up.

Reply Children