Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
When making UltraTab hidden the Tab Control has erratic behavoir
posted

I have an UltraTabControl.

The developer hides tabs based on some application data.

I select the 3rd tab and change data then save. Works fine. I save a reference to the tab

UltraTab

selectedTab = ultraTabControl1.SelectedTab;

I call the method again. Shows all tabs then disables and sets Visible=false to tabs that shouldn't be show.

I select the 3rd tab since it was the tab the user is currently on through code.

ultraTabControl1.ActiveTab = selectedTab;

The 3rd tab is selected, but the Panel that belongs to the 1st tab is on is shown. I can click on any tab except the 1st and it won't change the tab panel.

I click the first tab and the ultratabcontrol beigns to function correctly again, but switch to the correct panel.

I tried to place BeginUpdate and EndUpdate to force a refresh.

Is there a way to re-sync the tabs after they are toggled with enabled/visisble?

Note:

I hooked to the SelectedTabChanged event also and it fires each time

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

Parents
No Data
    posted

First of all, you should probably set the SelectedTab property instead of the ActiveTab. That being said, it sounds like a control is incorrectly placed over the UltraTabControl until the 1st tab is selected. When a tab is not selected, we leave its tab page visible, but just move it to a location that cannot be seen. Perhaps the code you are using to hide and show tabs is somehow causing one of the tab pages to stay in view even though it is not selected, either by a bug in the UltraTabControl or your application code. Can you post the code you are using to hide and show the tabs or a sample demonstrating the issue?

Children