Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Repeating child column headers. How to have them fixed at top?
posted

Hi, I have a parent band and two child bands using a row layout. I need column headers for parent band and first child band to be visible only at top and headers for 2nd child band disabled.

I am able to have parent's headers fixed on top, and 2nd child band's headers disabled. But first child band's column headers are getting repeated every set of parent child records. How do I do that? HeaderPlacement = FixedOnTop is not working

I am able to hide subsequent headers by skipping drawing in IUIElementDrawFilter.DrawElement() but it leaves empty space and headers do exist but are just not visible. I want them completely gone from following rows without leaving any gaps there.

Pl. see attached screenshot for visual details.

Thanks,

m

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

You won't be able to do this with a DrawFilter or CreationFilter. Those will allow you to prevent the drawing or creation of an object, but there's no way to move all the other objects in the grid to get rid of the space. At least, not without moving every single element in the entire grid.

I tested this out using Horizontal ViewStyle (which it appears you are using) and HeaderPlacement set to FixedOnTop and it works fine for me.

What version of the controls are you using? I'm using v9.1 with the latest service release.

Children