Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Export to Excel
posted

Hello

When I export a grid to excel,  i try to open the file i'm getting this error: "Excel found unreadable content in "Prueba.xls". Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes" And then show: "Excel was able to open the file by repairing or removing the unreadable content. Excel recovered your formulas and cell values, but some data may have been lost."

I'm not exporting formulas or images 

Parents
    posted

We have seen a few issues come in that usually have the same error message when opened in Excel: "Excel found unreadable content..." The problem is, just about all of the errors reported were unrelated, so its difficult to say which problem you are having. There are a few edge cases in how the data in the Excel file format must be written and if our Excel assembly doesn't export these correctly, Excel will give that same error message. I would recommend submitting the issue to the support group: http://es.infragistics.com/gethelp. Hopefully, your issue has already been fixed and you can be pointed to an already released hotfix.

If you send in a sample, it would also help to send in one of the erroneously exported workbooks. One of these issues only occurred when exporting on certain hardware and if you have a similar issue it would help to see the end result of the bug even if we can't reproduce it here.

Reply Children