Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
grid crashes with a big red "X"
posted

Hi,

I read a few other articles regarding the same issue, but they didnt seem to apply to my problem.

One of my grids Occasionally crashes, especially when there are a lot of updates to the data. Im not explicitly using any sort of threading. Here's what I have done to prevent this:

1. My grid is bound to a Dataset. I lock the dataset before any use i.e. for updates, deletions and also for reads.

2. I have also tried locking using a synchronization object i.e.

Despite this, my grid still crashes (although a lot lesser than before). Also there are no exceptions / stack traces thown, and thus i cant seem to pin-point what exactly goes wrong.

Ive tried debugging with VS 2008 handling all threading and Drawing exceptions, and none were thrown upon the crashes. 

Do you know what could be done to prevent this? Thanks. 

Im using UltraWinGrid 7.3

Parents
    posted

Hello.

The big red "X" menas that some sort of exception occured in the Paint method. This does not have to be caused by threading, but it usually almost always is. What is likely happening here is that you are using multiple threads in your application and somehow one of the background threads is updating the data source.

It's going to be impossible to tell exactly what is going on without seeing your code and a running sample.

Reply Children