Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraWinGrid binding
posted

hi

i am using LINQ to sql in my window application.

i have a grid that i display on it 2 tables from database that has a relation between them.

user can edit data on the grid and i update it on database.

today i dont bind the tables, i populate dataset with the 2 tables, define relation and set the dataset to be the datasource of the grid.

in addition, when user edit data i have a code that check what was updated and update it on database.

is there a simpler and more correct way to work?

how can i bind the 2 tables to the grid?

how can i update data automatically ?

(i am looking for somthing like dataset in ADO.net where these things are very simple. and somthing that will work with UltraWinGrid)

Thanks, Michal

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Michal,

I'm having a hard time understand what you are asking. Whether you use LINQ or a DataSet really makes no difference as far as the grid is concerned.

mrostoker said:
    is there a simpler and more correct way to work?

Simpler in what way? What's the problem with how it works now?

mrostoker said:
    how can i bind the 2 tables to the grid?

Since you say you are already doing this, I don't understand the question.

mrostoker said:
    how can i update data automatically ?

Changes you make in the grid are updated to the local data source. But the grid has no connection to your data base. That's nothing to do with the grid, it's simply how data binding works in DotNet.

Reply Children