Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Create a class schedule calendar help ?
posted

I want to create a student's class schedule, which would basically look like Outlooks weekview, with the days side by side, and a time scale along the left side.  I would want this time scale to show only 7:00am to 7:00pm, with 5 minute increments, but have the whole day fit into a small area.  Don't really want dates in the dayheaders, just Monday, Tuesday, ... Friday.

I can't figure out how to make the weekview show days as columns, like in Outlook weekview.  Not even sure which control to use, but I think the weekview would work best.

Any advice would be helpful, and appreciated.

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

artwebb said:
    ...which would basically look like Outlooks weekview, with the days side by side, and a time scale along the left side

UltraDayView displays the contents of the UltraDayView.CalendarInfo.SelectedDateRanges collection, so to do this you would clear the SelectedDateRanges collection, and then use its Add method to populate it with the desired date range.

artwebb said:
    I would want this time scale to show only 7:00am to 7:00pm

Set the UltraDayView.CalendarInfo.LogicalDayOffset property to TimeSpan.FromHours(7), and UltraDayView.CalendarInfo.LogicalDayDuration to TimeSpan.FromHours(12).

artwebb said:
    ...with 5 minute increments

Set the UltraDayView.TimeSlotInterval property to 'FiveMinutes'

artwebb said:
    Don't really want dates in the dayheaders, just Monday, Tuesday, ... Friday

Set the UltraDayView.DayTextFormat property to "dddd".
    artwebb said:
    Not even sure which control to use, but I think the weekview would work best.
    Outlook seems to have obsoleted the WeekView control with the Office2007 release; from what you described here, it is UltraDayView you are looking for.

Children