Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Problem with Drop Down List Selected Value.
posted

Hi i am using a drop down list in ultrawingrid as column

i am using  CellChange or AfterCellListCloseUp

event to capture the selected item.

But there was a problem i.e

theselected iten value is not getting updated(Text is getting updated)

for example if the drop down contains two items and we are nvaigating from one item to other item

the selected value is not gettting updated,pevious selected list value is selected.

i had binded the drop down using valuelist.

Please Help me in this problem.

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

The Value of a cell is the Value from the data source. It is not updated until you leave the cell by default (this can be changed by using the UpdateMode property).

The grid cannot update the Value as the user is still editing a cell, because the text they enter might not be valid, since they are not finished entering it. For example, in a date cell, when the user types a single digit, the grid cannot make that single digit into a valid date, so the grid has to wait until leaves the cell, at which time they are presumably done entering the value.

So the only way to get the value would be to use the text to search the list for a match. You could do this using the GetValue method on the grid' cells ValueListResolved.

Children