Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
GroupBy - Weird Group Header Behavior
posted

Update: To clarify a BaseViewCollection in our case is a collection that inherits from BindingList that places restrictions on what can be added to the collection.

Here is the background:  MVVM pattern. The ViewModel has a BaseViewCollection<> of objects which are bound to the UltraGrid. The objects in the BaseViewCollection have another collection of other objects, also in a BaseViewCollection. The same occurs again at the next level.

So, the grid has 3 bands. Each collection is marked up with [DisplayName] (including the one on the ViewModel). When I group by a column in the 3rd band the following happens:

Given the DisplayName is not being taken for either of the collections, is there any way I can go about providing the correct collection name at both the BaseViewCollection'1 level, and the MyChildCollection level? The header caption for the bands are also set (so they DO appear correctly in the column chooser).

(Note that if I group by a column in the second band the same occurs with BaseViewCollection'1).

I've been poking at this for the last few hours with no luck, can anyone help?

Mark

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Mark,

This looks like a bug to me. The bands should be displaying their caption.

I'm going to forward this thread over to Infragistics Developer Support so they can check this out. But it's probably not something we can change without breaking existing applications. Perhaps we can add a new property to the band for the GroupByButtonCaption.

For now, the way to change the GroupBy button caption is to set the AddButtonCaption property on the Band. I'm not sure why the group by buttons are using that property, but they are.

Children