Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Modifying a Cell.Appearance has no immediately effect
posted

Hi out there,

I initialize a cell with an own cell appearance (based on the value). Let's say I modifiy the foreground color.

(This is all done within the InitializeRow event).

Then the value is changed and the grid is refreshed with

m_ugrdMain.Rows.Refresh(Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.RefreshRow.ReloadData, true);
                m_ugrdMain.Rows.Refresh(Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.RefreshRow.FireInitializeRow, true);

This calls again the InitializeRow event which modifies now the appearance to have any other color. But this change has no immediately effect.

If the user now leaves the row by clicking into another one, the color changes.

Is this a feature or a bug?

(We are using 2008.1).

Thanks,

Frank

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Frank,

That sounds like a bug to me. But I've never seen this happen.

Updating the appearance of a cell inside the InitializeRow event is an extremely common practice and if it was not working, we would be pretty much flooded with reports of the issue. So I suspect that either you are using an old version and need to update to the latest service release, or else there is something else going on in your application that is causing this not to work.

Children