Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
DesignTimeLicense? GroupByDistinctRow Feature? AutoPopulateRelations feature?
posted

Hello,

i wanted to start evaluation for your netadvantage components.

Is it true you do not provide a design time licence with the demo version?

If you provide one please give me details on how to get it started because when opening the designer for a control in the sample-explorer project i receive an exception from the getdesigntimelicense method.

If you do not provide a design time license:

You should know, that we have written our own evaluation framework containing a sample explorer, where we want to compare implementation code for a huge set of features we might need for various controls. we need this framework to rate and weight the features/the implementations and generate our decision matrix.

You see a design time license is essential for us to evaluate your product . If we don't have it we might decide not to recognize your product all (which would be a pitty because it looks very interesting at the first sight)

So can you provice a design time license for evaluation?

And one other question:

I am missing two features which are very importand for us in your sample viewer:

Grid Feature 1. Relations: This feature allows the grid to view detail records by drop down an hirarchical grid below each record.

Minimum Code: grid.AutoPopulateRelationsFromDataSetDefinition = True

Grid Feature 2. Grouping: This feature allows the grid to generate master record rows from a distinct row value (grouping criteria) and allow to drop down a hirarchical grid which contains all records with this grouping criteria. (the rows must be sorted by the grouping criteria field for this feature)

Minimum Code: Grid.GroupedColumns.Add("MyColumn") or Grid.AllowGroupingGui = True

I see you added an example how to realize Feature 1. Relations. I see one needs to write a lot of code to do this.  We might decide to go this way, but we evaluated other controls which provide full support of both features with a minimum of required client code.. You really should support these features because they seem to be quite standard in other products. (we placed one of the highest weights for these features.)

Thanks and regards,

Karl-Michael

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    posted

Karl-Michael,

KarleATNeufra said:
    Is it true you do not provide a design time licence with the demo version?

We do indeed provide a design-time license with the trial version.  We don't provide a license key with the trial version - in fact, this is one of the ways we identify a trial.

KarleATNeufra said:
    If you provide one please give me details on how to get it started because when opening the designer for a control in the sample-explorer project i receive an exception from the getdesigntimelicense method.

What's the exception you're receiving?

KarleATNeufra said:
    Grid Feature 1. Relations: This feature allows the grid to view detail records by drop down an hirarchical grid below each record.

WinGrid already shows hierarchical data in a hierarchical fashion, including from multiple relations.  This seems to be more functionality than what you've described, so I'm puzzled as to the difference.  I recommend that you start a separate thread in the WinGrid forums to discuss this further.

KarleATNeufra said:
    Grid Feature 2. Grouping: This feature allows the grid to generate master record rows from a distinct row value (grouping criteria) and allow to drop down a hirarchical grid which contains all records with this grouping criteria. (the rows must be sorted by the grouping criteria field for this feature)

WinGrid has a feature called "Outlook Group By" that, other than the "drop down" portion of your statement, already provides this functionality.

Children