Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraGrid & Date Fields (dropdown calendar)
posted

I have an UltraGrid bound to an UltraDataSource.  One of the fields (DateOfBirth) is a date field.  When the user clicks the "down" arrow to the right of the date (to pop up the calendar), it always defaults to 1/1/2001 (rather than the date in the cell) and then changes the date in the cell to 1/1/2001 once it has "popped up".

How do I get the UltraGrid to show the correct date (on the pop-up calendar) based on what is in the cell?  For example, if the date in the cell is "5/1/1952", that's the date I want to show up when the user pops up the calendar -- not 1/1/2001.

Bfore-and-after screens shots are included.

Before_And_After.zip
Parents
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

If simply clicking the dropdown arrow is changing the date in the cell, then something is wrong. This is obviously not the intended behavior. I've never heard of that happening before. My best guess is that the field is not actually using the DateTime data type. Or perhaps something in your code is changing the value inadvertently.

If that does not help, then I'm not sure what else it could be. Can you post a small sample project demonstrating the issue? If so, I'd be happy to take a look.

Reply Children