Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Editing a decimal value - UltraTextEditor Vs. UltraNumericEditor
posted

I want to display/edit a decimal value (from SQL2005). I have tried both UltraTextEditor and UltraNumericEditor, but neither seem quite right.

Firstly, UltraTextEditor:

When I use the UltraTextEditor, the decimal point does weird things. When the user hits it (the decimal point), it sends the curser to the start of box. So if the user attempts to input "1.3", it will end up as "31" (No decimal point, and the 3 is in the wrong position).

Secondly, UltraNumericEditor

Now the UltraNumericEditor seems to work a bit better - I am able to enter in the numbers I want to (and it accepts the decimal point). I have turned off the mask, but the decimal point that is always there remains. This means that if the user clicks on the control (UltraNumericEditor) which is currently null, they may click after the decimal point, and then enter in the number (a whole number, such as 25), but it gets entered after the decimal point (to end up as 0.25).

What am I doing wrong here? Why does it seem so damn hard to edit decimals with infragistics controls?