Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
2007 Vol 3 Hot fix - unable to run application
posted

Hello, 
  After installing a hot fix for 2007 Vol 3, I am able to compile but not able to run the application correctly. Any help would be appreciated!

After installing the hot fix, I ran the Project Upgrade Utility as well as deleting dlls in project bin directory and obj directory. The code compiled without any problem but when I run the application through Visual Studio 2005 debugger, I am getting below error:

Additional information: Could not load file or assembly 'Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinToolbars.v7.3, Version=7.3.20073.38, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7dd5c3163f2cd0cb' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Same happens for UltraWinGrid. The version for hotfix should be 7.3.20073.1061 and the dlls referenced in the project is also 1061 but somehow, when application is running, 7.3.20073.38 (original 2007 vol 3 version) is being used. In GAC, correct version 1061 is displayed for infragistics dlls.

I called the phone support and support technician said it might be due to hot fix not installed correctly. Following his recommendation, I uninstalled 2007 Vol 3 and reinstalled 2007 vol 3 and the hot fix again. I didn't see any problem while installing both but I am still getting the same error.

Thank you in advance!

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

I recommend that you continue working with Developer Support on this issue.

My best ***ment at this stage is that there's likely some lingering reference to the 7.3.20073.38 build, possibly somewhere that our Project Upgrade Utility doesn't touch.  For instance, you might still have the 7.3.20073.38 assemblies in the bin of your project (or possibly of a prerequisite project).

Children