Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraTextEditor do not lose focus
posted

Hi,

I have a UltraTextEditor without any propertys set. The editor is bound to a string property of an object.

If I click in the text box and then click somewhere else, the text box loses his focus as expacted. If I click into the text box, type some text in there and remove the text after that, I can not lose the focus.

I already registered the "BeforeExitEditMode" - event to ensure that the "Cancel" flag of the eventargs is false but it doesn't work.

Has someone an idea?

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

It sounds to me like your data source can't accept an empty string. Try setting the Visual Studio IDE to break on all run-time exceptions and see if any are occurring that might be hidden.

If I am right, then you might be able to get around this by handling the Parse event of the Binding. I think there might also be properties on the Binding that control how empty string or null are interpreted.

If that doesn't help, I recommend that you try the same thing with a TextBox and see if you get any different results.

Children