Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Link to Document in WinGrid Cell?
posted

I am converting a MS Access application to VB.NET 2005 with IG 2008.2.2121.  On one of the existing forms in Access, there is a grid with a column that displays a document link icon.  The user can either open that file or choose a new file to link to.  Access handles all of this natively without much code required.  However, I am having some issues trying to figure out how to implement the same sort of behavior in our new application.  First of all, the field that should display the document link shows up as follows:

How do I tell the WinGrid to display it as a document link? The datatype in the Sql table is Image.  Also, if there isn't a file stored, how would I be able to implement the open file dialog so that the user could choose the file to link to?

I would greatly appreciate any assistance you could provide,
~Kelly

Parents
    posted

Hi Brian and Mike,

I tried both options in initialize layout but had the same result - blank cells.

.Columns("Linked_Record").Style = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.ColumnStyle.Image
    .Columns("Linked_Record").Editor = New Infragistics.Win.EmbeddableImageRenderer()

If you have any other suggestions I would grealy appreciate it!

Thanks,
    Kelly

Reply Children