Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
childband in wingrid not updating
posted

I have a grid which is utilizing an ultradatasource.  I have a childband which contains one column coming off of the main band.  When the user clicks in this childband's cell, I pop up a dialog box where the user can enter data.  When the user hits the 'OK" button, the data entered into the dialog box gets displayed in the cell that the user originally clicked to open the dialog. 

If this cell is empty when the user clicks on it, the value that they eventually enter in the dialog that pops up DOES display in the cell upon hitting 'OK'.  But once this cell has data in it, the new data entered in the pop up DOES NOT display in the cell upon hitting 'OK'.  If I navigate away and come back, the cell does show the updated data.

Usually if I update the datasource, the grid automatically refreshes the grid area affected by the updated datasource(as it does if the cell was empty).  Why would it not update the grid cell with the new data if there was already data in it?

Thanks,

Dave K.

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

This was developer error.  I was accessing the row using the visible index "rows(visibleindex) instead of rows.GetRowAtVisibleIndex(visibleIndex).

Once I update the proper row's value, the grid does display the correct data.  My bad!

DK

Children