Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Line spacing for FormattedLinkLabel
posted

Hello,

I know you cannot modify the line spacing used by a FormattedLinkLabel, but is there any way to determine what the spacing is that it's using?   For a multiple line label, it definitely looks like it's based on the largest font in the line, and perhaps is related the the Ascent value of the font, but is there anything concrete that we could reference?

Thanks,

Sean.

Parents
    posted

Sean,

I don't see anything that would control this, but I do believe that you are correct that it performs the spacing based on the Ascent of the largest font.  What is likely happening is that it is using the .NET Graphics class to perform measuring logic in addition to the actual rendering of the text (based on the TextRenderingMode of the control), though the former would be what is more relevant in terms of the positioning of the child elements.  In order to change this, I think that the child elements would have to overlap each other (if you want smaller line spacing, for example), but to my knowledge this functionality is not available.  

What do you need to know the line spacing for?  Perhaps there is another way to accomplish what you're trying to do.

-Matt

Reply Children