Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Controls on tab that is not selected all have their visible property set to false
posted

Hi,

I have a tab control that has 4 tabs.  There is a save button that only shows on the last tab.  Sometimes the user doesn't have permissions to save the record so we make the save button visible = false in some cases.

In the form closing event we inspect the value of the save buttons visible property to know if we even have to check for dirty since they can't save if the visible property is set to false.

The problem is that if you are on any other tab than the 4th tab the save button's visible property will always be false.

Is there a way around this issue?

Thanks

Randy

Parents
    posted

This is expected behavior.  We set the controls' visibility to false to ensure that they're not displayed on the screen, when they're on tabs other than the active tab.

I suggest you use a different value besides the save button's visibility to control this functionality.  My advice would be to use a form-level property for this, which you can set to true or false in the same way you set the save button's visibility.

Reply Children