Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Application Deployment
posted

Hello,

I have an ultragrid that I am applying a ValueBasedAppearance to. The column that is getting the ValueBasedAppearance applied to it is a boolean column. The conditon for the column is quite simple, if the value of the cell is true, I an image in the column, if not I don't show any image at all. These conditions I am setting seem to be working when I run my application on my development, however once we package up my application into a Install Shield file and deliver it to a user, they never see the image I placed in the boolean under any circumstances.

I looked through the infragistics website and found the page that details the required assemblies for all controls/components and I am following those guidelines provided exactly, so I do not understand what could be going wrong with my application/ultragrid when its is installed on a user's box with Install Shield. Could someone please help me with this issue? Just so you are aware I have tried setting the ValueBasedAppearance in two, the first being through the Designer that is provided by Infragistics, the second way is through coding myself. Below is the code I used to get same result in the Designer.

Infragistics.Win.Appearance appearance1 = new Infragistics.Win.Appearance();

appearance1.ForegroundAlpha = Alpha.Default;

appearance1.BorderColor = Color.Red;

appearance1.ImageBackgroundStyle = ImageBackgroundStyle.Centered;

appearance1.ImageHAlign = HAlign.Center;

appearance1.ImageVAlign = VAlign.Middle;

appearance1.Image = this.imageList1.Images["AsteriskIcon.ico"];

Infragistics.Win.Appearance appearance2 = new Infragistics.Win.Appearance();

appearance2.ForegroundAlpha = Alpha.Default;

appearance2.BorderColor = Color.Green;

ConditionValueAppearance valAppearance = new ConditionValueAppearance();

valAppearance.Add(condition_1, appearance1);

valAppearance.Add(condition_2, appearance2);

this.ugEditorCtl.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].Columns["displayed"].ValueBasedAppearance =       valAppearance;

Parents
    Offline posted

Hi,

I've never heard of this happening before, so I'm afraid I don't know why it's occurring. 

One thing I would be interested to see is - what happens if you set other appearance properties on the ValueBasedAppearance. For example, does BackColor work? If you could test that, it would at least tell us whether the issue is that ValueBasedAppearances are not working or if the problem is with the image. 

Another possibility is that the problem lies in the data source. Is the client machine accessing the same data that your machine is? Perhaps the data on the client machine is not a Boolean type? Or perhaps the data simply contains no "true" values in the data they are accessing. 

Reply Children