Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WYSIWYG Design View -> Unintuitive
posted

I don't want to be negative, I could post dozens of items like this that show how *UNINTUITIVE* the UltraToolbarsManager and related controls are when using Designer view in Visual Studio. 

I can't attach the PNGs to illustrate this:

1. They don't follow typical conventions tools do, like poinit-and-click-for-context: see attached "Name mismatch.png".  NO MATTER WHAT I CLICK ON VISUALLY, I CAN'T GET A TOOL CONTROL TO DISPLAY ITS CONTEXT VIA ***STANDARD*** VISUAL EDITING CONVENTIONS.

2. If I use Infragistics own "Selected Object" button in the Properties window, it still does not display the control I highlighted in the form Designer. 

3. ANY CHILD CONTROLS OF ULTRATOOLBARSMANAGER DO NOT EVEN SHOW UP IN THE DOCUMENT VIEW WINDOW!!!  See attached, "Document View - No Control Specified.PNG"

and, I could post MANY MORE. 

IF YOU CLICK ON A CONTROL, IT SHOULD BE WHAT IS DISPLAYED VISUALLY, AND ALL/ANY CONTEXT WINDOWS LIKE PROPERTIES SHOULD BE DISPLAYED.  YOU HAVE USERS DIGGING THROUGH OOD LEARNING CURVE TO DO THE MOST SIMPLE THINGS A CONVENTIONAL DESIGN WOULD ELIMINATE.

What is the logic/reasoning behind this unintuitive, unconventional approach?

Parents
No Data
Reply Children