Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraCalendarInfo, DataBindingsForAppointments
posted

When using a dataset with the UltraCalendarInfo.DataBindingsForAppointments, what determines when the Appointment data is committed/updated to bound dataset?

Most other infragistics controls such as the ultragrid have a property that determines when this update occurs ie ultragrid.updatemode.

The only time I have found that the update to the dataset from the ultracalendarinfo occurs is when the form containing the control is closed?

Thank you.

Parents
    Offline posted

lyleh said:
    The only time I have found that the update to the dataset from the ultracalendarinfo occurs is when the form containing the control is closed?

I am speculating a bit here but if you came to this conclusion through experimenting with the "WinSchedule Database Demo" sample, it is possible you are confusing an update to the DataSet with the committing of those changes to the underlying DataTable. As mentioned in another reply to this post, any change to a bound data field results in an update to the DataSet. Those changes, however, are not committed to the underlying database unless the application causes it to happen. The "WinSchedule Database Demo" sample does in fact commit DataSet changes to the database when the form is closed; you can place a breakpoint in the FormClosing event if you want to trace through the sequence of events.

Reply Children