Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraCombo column width
posted

Hi:

I have an UltraCombo with 2 columns - one hidden (key) the other one visible (description). The width of the second column is equal with the combo box width/dropdown widht and that is what I want. At some point I am reseting the dropdown width to be the combo width, the visible column width shrinks to the length of the each string/description when droping doen the list. I am trying to set it to be the combo's width in before drop down, it woks but now I am getting a horizontal scroll bar with it. It is the right widht, the one dipalyed before reseting the dropdownwidht to be the combo's width, don't understand why I get the scroll bar now. Is there a way to deal with this?

Thanks,

Mihail

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

I'm having a little trouble following your description.If you are getting a scrollbar, then the width of the Column must be greater than the available area of the dropdown. Setting the Width of the column to the DropDownWidth might not work the way you want it, because the dropdown may have other things to account for, such as borders. If you are setting the DropDownWidth to a literal width, then maybe what you need to do is set AutoFitStyle on the Combo so that the columns are automatically sized to fit the available width. 

Children