Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Turn Off Column Sort Indicator
posted

Hi,

I am looking for a way to turn off the display of the Sort Indicator on a sorted column while retaining the ability for the user to sort the column.

I have searched the forum and found a similar question - the suggested fix was to use a CreationFilter on the grid to cancel the creation of the SortIndicatorUIElement.

This does stop the indicator being displayed - however my problem is that the space is still made for the indicator anyway. How do I prevent this?

This results in wrapping of the header text unless I resize the column to fit the updated column header.

I have very strict (and unique!) requirements to save as much space as possible to resizing the column is not an option. I need to hide the indicator AND stop the grid reserving space for it also.

I have tried numerous workarounds involving resetting the columns SortIndicator property to None. This does the trick when sorting Ascending however when sorting Descending it reverts the sort to Ascending :-(

Any suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks!

Parents Reply Children