Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to dynamically populate Ultracombo#2 based on value selected in Ultracombo#1?
posted
I have a main Windows form whose code-behind "fills" a data table called "Site".  It is filled based on the user's office.  This is working correctly.
BUT...I have a button that launches another form which contains 2 Ultracombo objects.  Ultracombo#1 provides a list of offices.  DataSource is "officebindingsource", DataTable = "Office", DisplayMember is "office_name" and ValueMember is "office_code".  Ultracombo#2 should provide a list of sites based on the selected office (in Ultracombo#1).  Ultracombo #2's DataSource is "sitebindingsource", DataTable = "Site", DisplayMember is "site_description" and ValueMember is "site_id".  In Ultracombo#2, I set the DataBindings/Value = "officebindingsource - office_code" (bindingsource for Ultracombo#1).  I have one method that checks when the value of Ultracombo#1 is changed:

private void comboOffice_ValueChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
      //Check if Office in Ultracombo#1 was changed        
       if (comboOffice.Value != null)
        {
            string office = comboOffice.Value.ToString();
           //comboCurrLoc is the 2nd Ultracombo on the form, should only display sites based on the user's selected office
            comboCurrLoc.Rows.ColumnFilters.ClearAllFilters();
            comboCurrLoc.Rows.ColumnFilters[
"OFFICE_CODE"].FilterConditions.Add(FilterComparisionOperator.Equals, office);
            comboCurrLoc.Value =
null;
}

I feel that I'm close, but when I change the value of the office in Ultracombo#1, the second combobox is blank.  Is there something else I should be adding to make the 2nd Ultracombo display the correct values?

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

When you say "the second combo is blank", what exactly do you mean? There are no rows on the list? Do you still see the column headers? If there are column headers and no rows, then it sounds to me like you are filtering out ALL of the rows. If the OFFICE_CODE value a string field? Seems like this is some kind of key field and is probably numeric. If that's the case, why are you converting the filter value to a string? 

Reply Children