Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Drag And Drop between Bands
posted

I am trying to do drag and drop within the same grid. I have a hierarchical DataSet so my grid has several Bands. When I move rows within the same band everything is working fine. But if I want to move row from one band to another - it is not working and row remains at the same place. Actually I think it is trying to drop withing a band causerow sometime moves withing the band.

I am using the following code:

private void ultraGrid1_InitializeLayout(object sender, InitializeLayoutEventArgs e)

ultraGrid1.AllowDrop = true;
            e.Layout.Override.SelectTypeRow = SelectType.ExtendedAutoDrag;
            e.Layout.Override.RowSelectors = Infragistics.Win.DefaultableBoolean.True;
            e.Layout.Override.CellClickAction = CellClickAction.RowSelect;

private void ultraGrid1_DragDrop(object sender, DragEventArgs e)

aRow.ParentCollection.Move(aRow, dropIndex); // cause I am not moving upper level rows

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

The Move method just re-orders the rows in the same collection. It has no effect on the underlying data source. 

Moving a row to a different band would require you to modify the data source. 

Children