Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Force wingrid to validate
posted

Hi

Thanks for all the previous answers/suggestions!  

I am using UltraWinGrid and set its column type/regex  at run time based on some data in database. So, when the user inputs, the validations looks good. When I try to bind a datasource(which I get from Excel), the validations doesnt happen. Should I seperately valdiate each cell or is there a way I can force the wingrid to valdiate the cells based on its column type/regex.

Thanks again. 

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

The validation in the grid is for validating user input. It is, after all, a user interface control. It's really not designed to validate the data in the data base. Theoreticaly, the data in the database should have been validating before it got in there. :)

If you want to validate your data that is already in the database, then there's really no reason why you should do that through the grid. It would be more efficient to simply loop through your data and validate it in code. 

Children