Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Grid error: Index was outside the bounds of the array
posted

I'm having trouble loading an UltraGrid.

I'm loading it in a thread (There is potentially tens of thousands of records to be loaded into the grid),displaying the current records every 100 records.

I'm getting the error above when I do this. The grid dissapears and is replaced with a big red cross, and a message box pops up with this message in it (I'll spare copying and pasting the whole thing right now).

I have seen this error reported elsewhere in the forums, and the reply seems to be along the lines of "are you using the latest hotfix" and "Could you make a small sample and give it to support". Just to beat you to the punch, I am using the latest version (I was using v8.1, but upgraded to v8.2 and applied the latest hotfix 2022 in an attempt to fix it.

I'm thinking its not my coding - I have done this elsewhere in my application and it works fine. What is also weird is that I cant see anything different about the record it stops on (Yes I have found the exact record it stops on), and the record it stops on changes from time to time (usually after making changes to the sequence of coding).

Can anyone tell me whats going on here? Is this a coding fault on my behalf? Or an Infragistics bug?

---- EDIT -----

Just to be clear here - there is nothing wrong with the data. If I load the data in a similar way, but store it all in a list, and then assign this list to the grids datasource at once (rather than adding the newly retrieved records to the existing datasource), it works fine. I only get this error when adding more and more records to a grid which already has data in it.

Parents Reply Children