Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Limitations of AppStylist design files
posted

Hello,

we need to know what exactly can be done with the AppStylist, and what limitations we must be aware of.

A specific example is:

Can an ISL style file set the .MinimumSize property of Buttons ? (Alternatively, of the specific UltraButton type.)

I wonder whether this works programmatically only  (e.g. inside the generated InitializeComponent() functions.)

Absolutely perfect would be an overview what exactly a style file can do and what not.

Thank you and best regards,

Ruben

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Ruben,

About your specific question , what can be done with the appstylist , I would recommend you to to grow these online help document. The Appstylist is basically for changing the appearance of the controls.

https://es.infragistics.com/help/winforms/styling-guide-getting-to-know-infragistics-appstylist-for-windows-forms

AppStylist’s user interface is divided into three sections: Canvas(to select the roles), Style Explorer, and Properties Panel. Each of these sections provides unique functionality that will help you style your application. I would recommend you to open one existing lsl file through appstylist app and explore it ,isl files which we ship with the controls ,you can use it or create one from scratch to better understand it, you can follow the document I suggested above.

Also yes the buttontype and all that properties you can set through the code only since its not appearance.

Children
No Data