Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Infragistics Version 19.1 Changes
posted

Hello,

I upgraded infragistics from version 16.1 to 19.1 and started having a weird issue in RDP sessions. I have been using toolbar manager, DockableControlPane, dockareapane, UltraTabControl on a form and also have an RTF control which is one of the tab page controls. When I run my application on a remote server using RDP and create an RTF document, then disconnect from RDP, while RTF document is still open, and reconnect, RTF control is recreated from scratch so I lose everything I do on the RTF and it becomes blank. I realized that it is not only happening in RDP session but also if I change the DPI locally I see the same problem. Looks like scaling is causing this issue. I saw below events are fired before RTF control recreation.

Infragistics4.Win.UltraWinToolbars.v19.1.dll!Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.ForceRecreateHandle(System.Windows.Forms.Form control) Unknown
Infragistics4.Win.UltraWinToolbars.v19.1.dll!Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.OnThemeChanged(object sender, System.EventArgs e) Unknown

Infragistics4.Win.v19.1.dll!Infragistics.Win.WeakReferenceMulticastDelegate<System.__Canon>.WeakReferenceProxyEventHandler.OnEventFired(object sender, System.__Canon e, System.Type delegateType) Unknown
Infragistics4.Win.v19.1.dll!Infragistics.Win.WeakReferenceMulticastDelegate<System.EventArgs>.Invoke(object sender, System.EventArgs e) Unknown
Infragistics4.Win.v19.1.dll!Infragistics.Win.XPThemes.OnThemeChangeMessage(object sender, System.EventArgs e) Unknown
Infragistics4.Win.v19.1.dll!Infragistics.Win.XPThemes.ThemeManagerWindow.ThemeManagerNativeWindow.WndProc(ref System.Windows.Forms.Message m) Unknown

Any idea about that? I don't understand why RTF control is forced to be recreated from scratch. Is there any changes that was done in version 19.1 which could cause this problem in RDP sessions or when DPI changes? MaxInfragisticsDpiAwareness is set to dpiUnAware in my application.

Thanks,

Pinar

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Pinar,

Thank you for contacting. I discussed the behavior with the developer and find the information that in order for us to render custom form borders with "aero" support, the UltraToolbarsManager listens for the OS theme changing (WM_THEMECHANGED message). If we receive this message indicating the theme has changed, we must force the recreation of the handle for the parenting form, which tends to reinitialize child controls. So remote desktop comes into the picture as disconnecting/reconnecting causes these theme messages to be sent as the user is disconnected from the theme service.
    We've seen this numerous times and there's not much we can do about it. About the DPI effect

its possible that we hooked into the theme-changing framework as a way to notify all the controls that something changed and the control needs to be rerendered.

To avoid the recreation of the form handle built into the UltraToolbarsManager, I suggest setting IsGlassSupported to false on the component.

Let me now if you have any question.

Regards,

Reply Children