Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraToolbarsDockArea exception: Parameter is not valid.
posted

Hello,

I am using the latest 2020.1 components in a winforms application on a windows 10 machine.

When I close a form, some callback is triggered which as far as I can tell is/was not set up by my code that causes the 'parameter is not valid' exception.  What is strange is this is not consistently reproducible.  Opening the app fresh and performing the exact same steps multiple times results in this exception maybe 1/4 times.

I cannot provide the source because the solution is proprietary and far to large to share, however from the stack trace, none of my code is involved so I'm not sure that my code would help in any way:

at System.Drawing.Image.get_Width()
at System.Drawing.Image.get_Size()
at Infragistics.Win.ImageAndTextUIElement.PositionChildElements()
at Infragistics.Win.UIElement.VerifyChildElements(ControlUIElementBase controlElement, Boolean recursive)
at Infragistics.Win.UIElement.VerifyChildElements(ControlUIElementBase controlElement, Boolean recursive)
at Infragistics.Win.UIElement.DrawHelper(Graphics graphics, Rectangle invalidRectangle, Boolean doubleBuffer, AlphaBlendMode alphaBlendMode, Boolean clipText, Boolean forceDrawAsFocused, Boolean preventAlphaBlendGraphics, Nullable`1 zoomFactor)
at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.Draw(Graphics graphics, Rectangle invalidRectangle, Boolean doubleBuffer, AlphaBlendMode alphaBlendMode, Size elementSize, Boolean preventAlphaBlendGraphics)
at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.Draw(Graphics graphics, Rectangle invalidRectangle, Boolean doubleBuffer, AlphaBlendMode alphaBlendMode)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraControlBase.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs pe)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsDockArea.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs pe)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

When this exception happens, all my tools (file menu and quicklaunch toolbars) are replaced with a giant red 'X'.

If this is a bug in the components, is there a way to work around this?

Parents Reply Children