Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Cannot put Windows.Forms.MenuStrip above the ultratoolbarsmanger
posted

Hi,

When updating my old project from .NET 2.0 to .NET 4.6.1 and updating the used infragistic tools from 10.3 to 17.2 suddenly my windows menu strip was shown below the ultratoolbarsmanager on the MDI main window.

I've tried to put the menustrip above it but I can't find a way to do this. Can you suggest a solution?

The menustrip is docked at the top and the ultratoolbarsmanager.dockwithincontainer = me

Before

After

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Peter,

I have been investigating into the behavior you are seeing, and I am able to reproduce it. The reason for this is because the implementation of the IDockingArea (more on this interface later) changed in the UltraToolbarsManager as a result of a bug fix in 2011. I have a couple of workarounds for you on this matter, though, that will help you to get your MenuStrip back to the top of your form.

The first recommendation I can make in this case is to simply use the UltraToolbarsManager as your MenuStrip by adding a toolbar with Toolbar Type = “Main Menu Bar.” This will effectively allow you to recreate the MenuStrip within the UltraToolbarsManager using PopupMenuTools for the drop-down menu items, or other tools if you wish to add them.

The alternative recommendation I can make in this case is to derive a custom MenuStrip and implement the IDockingArea interface. This interface will allow you to provide a “PriorityLevel” to your custom MenuStrip that, if set very high, will make the MenuStrip.Dock = “Top” take priority over the top-docked UltraToolbarsManager toolbars, and effectively make it show up above the toolbars.

I am attaching a sample project demonstrating the derived MenuStrip control.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

ToolbarsManagerMenuStripAbove.zip

Children