Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Displaying an Icon in a tree column of a UltraTree with OutlookExpress style view
posted

Hello,

I have an UltraTree which has a view style of OutlookExpress.

I dynamically create the tree and add the nodes to the first UltraTreeNodeColumn I have. That way I have the tree positioned in the left most column of the Grid. This column is defined as follows:

UltraTreeNodeColumn TreeCol = new UltraTreeNodeColumn();
            TreeCol = new UltraTreeNodeColumn();
            TreeCol.Key = "Tree";
            TreeCol.Text = "Tree";
            TreeCol.MaxLength = 100;
            TreeCol.NullText = "NULL";
            TreeCol.AutoSizeMode = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTree.ColumnAutoSizeMode.VisibleNodes;
            TreeCol.AllowSorting = DefaultableBoolean.True;
            TreeCol.DataType = typeof(string);
            ultratree1.ColumnSettings.RootColumnSet.Columns.Add(TreeCol);

As can be seen, the type of data this column receives is a string, i.e. the node's name.

My problem is that I am having trouble displaying an image / icon on the left hand side of the node's name. This feature was possible when the UltraTree was defined as standard for example and then the code below worked:

node.Override.NodeAppearance.Image = _ImageList.Images["img"];

Now that my tree has an OutlookExpress look-and-feel the icons I initially defined do not appear any longer even though the code executes correctly.

What's the best way to add icons to the nodes in the  UltraTreeNodeColum?

Thanks.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

If you are using OutlookExpress or grid style, then you need to put the image into a cell, rather than on the node. So you could either use the Appearance on the cell of the column you are referring to here or add another column and use that column to display just the image. 

Children