Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to prevent column from being hidden by dragging?
posted

We would like to allow users to hide columns using the Column Chooser dialog, but prevent them from hiding them by dragging them outside the grid.  We don't want to disable dragging entirely, since we want to allow users to reposition columns or drag them to the "Group By" box.

Currently, a column can be dragged completely outside our application to, say, Internet Explorer.  The cursor at that point shows the column header with an X in it.  If the user releases the mouse button, the column is hidden.

I can't figure out a good way of preventing this from happening. There doesn't appear to be an "EndDrag" type of method that would allow me to cancel the dragging, and the BeforeColPosChanged event doesn't appear to distinguish between columns hidden using the Column Chooser and columns hidden by dragging.  Ideally, I would like to turn off the "hide by dragging" feature entirely.

We are using  2007 Volume 1.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan Watts

Parents Reply Children