Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebCombo is to be replaced by WebDropDown to make it IE 9 - 11 and Chrome compatible. But it is not available in existing Infragistics35.Web.v10.3, Version=10.3.20103.1013. Please help.
posted

We have a legacy application in ASP .NET / C# using Infragistics35.Web.v10.3, Version=10.3.20103.1013.

The WebCombo control used in it works fine in IE8, but not in IE9 - 11 and Chrome.

So we thought of using WebDropDown which is IE 9 - 11 and Chrome compatible.

But we cannot find it in Infragistics35.Web.v10.3, Version=10.3.20103.1013 , whereas it is available in Infragistics35.Web.v9.2, Version=9.2.20092.1003. Refer : http://forums.asp.net/t/1589454.aspx?DropDown+Control+filled+by+Server+then+opened+in+client

Please help.

Parents Reply Children
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted in reply to Madhuchhanda Roy

Hello Madhuchhanda Roy,

After reviewing the details you've provided, it appears to me that you're trying to implement a custom approach for obtaining Lazy Loading on the WebDropDown. Lazy Loading is a built in feature of the WebDropDown, however you wish to encompass this within a "multi-column" grid; which is not built in. More specifically, the WebDropDown provides a multi-column grid in its container with the use of a Template ( as demonstrated in this sample). To learn more about the Templating feature, please review the Templating documentation. The WebDropDown doesn't manage the Lazy loading of the WebDataGrid automatically; for this, you would need to use the features of the WebDataGrid. I recommend using a combination of these features to obtain the behavior you've described with the WebDropDown.

Let me explain:
    1. Create a WebDropDown with a WebDataGrid in the DropDownContainer using its available Templating feature.
    2. Use the available Lazy Loading feature to perform your custom AJAX call in the WebDropDown's DropDownOpening and/or ValueChanging client-side event, respectively.
    3. Use the available client-side binding features of the WebDataGrid to bind the data object (JSON) to the WebDataGrid (here is an example).
    4. Use the available Remove() method for the WebDataGrid GridRowCollection to remove the rows on the client (use a for loop to iterate through the entire collection). This can be done if the value.length is less than 3.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this matter.