Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Web Data Grid Issues on iOS 8
posted

I'm just curious if anybody else has been having issues with the Web Data Grid on devices running iOS 8 and if anybody knows what Infragistics official position is on iOS 8? Are they saying iOS 8 is unsupported at this point with a service release in the works that will support it down the line or do they say that iOS 8 should be supported in 13.2 and 14.1 at the present service pack level? If a service pack is in the works any idea on a time frame? Are we talking days, weeks, months, etc?

I've been testing my site in Safari on the latest publicly released build of iOS 8 and I'm noticing some major data entry issues. I've got two Web Data Grids located on two different tabs within a Web Tab control. I have the following behaviors enabled in both grids: Activation, Editing Core (with Cell Editing under the Editing Core enabled but nothing else), Row Selectors and Selection. Under the Editing Core - Cell Editing Behavior I've got the following settings for EditModeActions: EnableF2 - False, EnableOnActive - True, EnableOnKeyPress - True, MouseClick - Single. Both Web Data Grids have AJAX enabled.

These settings worked wonderfully under iOS 7. The user would touch the cell they wanted to edit, it would become active in edit mode and they could use the grid in the same manner they can in IE, Firefox and Chrome with all of the Grid Editor Providers in use working as expected. iOS 8 is a different story. I've noticed the following behavior:

1) In a cell with a Drop Down Grid Editor Provider the user can touch the cell, it will become active and the Drop Down provider will display but when you then try and touch the drop down provider to show the list of values suddenly the active cell changes from the cell you touched to either the cell in the row below, or in some cases two rows below. You then have to touch back into the original cell you wanted in the first place and repeat the process.

2) Possibly related to 1, the cell with the Drop Down Grid Editor Provider happens to be the first cell on the Web Data Grid so users naturally tend to touch that cell first to start entering data. When you initially tap into the cell and it becomes active Safari will automatically zoom in on the grid. I'm assuming that is to try and bring the cell into focus and make entering data into it easier for the end user. The problem is when it does that it zooms on the wrong portion of the page. It zooms in on the column heading instead of into the first cell on the grid. The cell in question isn't visible at that point and you have to zoom back out a bit manually and then touch the cell you want again. It only seems to do this the first time the grid / cell becomes active. After that I don't notice that behavior again even when clicking back into the same cell on the grid.

3) In a cell with a Numeric Grid Editor provider when I touch into the cell the cursor appears to the right of the value in the cell (which defaults to zero) even though I have the SelectionOnFocus property set to SelectAll. It will only actually select the value in the cell so it can be overwritten if you then touch into the cell again a second time.

Parents Reply Children