Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Numeric column sorting changes depending upon number of pages
posted

I really need some assistance, please and thank you!  I have a webdatagrid which is populated in code behind using a datatable.  If the search query returns fewer records than the page size, then a numerica data column sorts properly (according to numeric values, such as 1.1, 1.2, 3.0, 8.1, 12.1, 13.2, etc.).

However, if the search query returns more records than will fit on one page, then the numeric column appears to sort by string values (1.1, 1.2, 12.1, 13.2, 3.0, etc.)

It has been unfailing all afternoon.  I have tried setting the DATATYPE= property of the column in question to several different values to no avail.  There appears to be nothing I can do to retrieve the records in the correct sequence with a multi-page result.

The data column in question is an Oracle number column.

Thanks in advance for any help!  This is driving me nuts!

Lynn

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi Lynn,

I have created a sample, however I was not able to reproduce this behavior using a custom data table. Please, look at the attached web site to my answer and feel free to modify it and send to us back or send another sample which reproduces this behavior. We really need this information in order to be able to start looking at it.

Thanks,

Dimitar Atanasov

Senior Software Engineer

Infragistics

WebSite2.zip
Children