Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Upgraded to newest service pack now WebExplorerBar looks funky........
posted

Hi,

I just updated to service pack 12.2.2107 which fixed a bug i reported earlier on WebDropDown. With the  new Service Pack, my WebExplorerBars look messed up. Look at the picture I have attached to this post and look at the right side of all the ExplorerBarGroup's. There is a "white space" at the end of all of them as well as the expand/collapse button has been moved to the left side of the control instead of the right. Tried it with three style sheets (IG, Windows7 and Office2010Blue) they have the same problem. Didn't happen until the service pack.

It happens in IE8, Firefox and Chrome.....

It happens with the basic of code:

<ig:WebExplorerBar ID="WebExplorerBar1" runat="server" Width="250px">
<Groups>
<ig:ExplorerBarGroup Text="Test">
<Items>
<ig:ExplorerBarItem Text="Test">
ig:ExplorerBarItem>
Items>
ig:ExplorerBarGroup>
Groups>
ig:WebExplorerBar>

EDIT: I found more about his problem to help your developers figure out where to look since they broke it. The problem has to do with the following line in Web.Config:

<infragistics.web styleSetName="Default" styleSetPath="~/ig_res"/>

Originally, I had the styleSetName in Web.Config set to "Office2010Blue" and what you see in the picture i attached to this post is what happens. If styleSetName in Web.Config is to "Default" and I set the StyleSetName in the WebExplorerBar1 control to "Office2010Blue" Then it shows up fine although now it a thicker border when selected then the old one did. If I set both the Web.Config and the Control styleSetName to "Office2010Blue", its messed up again.

I double checked the CSS files to see if a newer version was isntalled in this latest update. Nope, they all have a date of 10/2/2012.

The developers definitely broke something........ Didn't happen in the previous service pack (12.2.20122.2075).

Fix it.

WebExplorerBar.zip