Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Batch update with ObjectDataSource problem
posted

Hi. 

I have created a solution based on the Infragistics WebDataGrid Batch Updating sample, with the ObjectDataSource creating and accessing a datatable in the session cache, and with a form button to reset the grid data to clear any updates by setting the session cache object to null.  The problem I have is that even though I can see the code clear the datatable from the session cache (and it even first does a RejectChanges on the datatable), and see the ObjectDataSource do a re-select from the database, and the code doing a re-bind of the ODS to the grid, the grid does not get updated to clear the updates and reflect the reselected data in the underlying datatable, and in fact the ODS inserts/updates/deletes fire after the page-load has completed. 

Has anyone seen this behaviour before?  I presume I could be missing something obvious in terms of a setting on the ODS or Grid ?

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Parents
No Data
    posted

Has anyone got a working sample of a WebDataGrid that uses batch updating and an ObjectDataSource? 

Is there an asynchronous ajax postback happening from the WebDataGrid which is trying to apply the changes in the grid?

Children