Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDropDown and ActiveX control
posted

hi,
In one of our web pages, we have a dropdown control on the top of the page, and underneath it there is an embeded activex control. If I use the WebDropDown control, the dropdown area is hidden behind the activex control and can not be used. If I use the WebCombo control it works fine for ie7 and ie8, but with ie9 it still shows the dropdown area but breaks down the activex control, so half of it is visible and the other half is hidden.
Is there a workaround so I can use the WebDropDown control, so it will fit with the rest of my web app design, or a way to fix the WebCombo to work with ie9?
I am using 11.1 version.

Thanks

Parents
    posted

Hello Amos,

I have been looking over your issue and I have tested it on my side with version 11. 1 of our product, build: 11.1.20111.2238 and on my side everything seems to work as expected.

Would you please upgrade to our latest service release for 11.1  and confirm if the issue is still representable with it. You can download our latest service release from the following link:

https://es.infragistics.com/my-account/keys-and-downloads/

just click over your product key and go to the “Service releases” tab.

If this doesn’t resolve the issue would you please provide me with a small test sample so I can investigate this further.

Thanks in advance.

Offline posted in reply to [Infragistics] Elena

hi Elena,

for some reason I cannot upload the sample project to this post, so below is a link to the sample project to download. 

https://www.yousendit.com/download/WUJiYURKTlE5RmF5VmNUQw

the project contains the activex in a cab file, and it requires to be installed in the browser. The activex is signed.

the project also contains three dropdowns so you could see the behaviour for yourself.
    one of the (the line dropdown) is a WebDropDown control which hides behind the activex control and cannot be used, regardless ot the browser version, and the other two (month and year) are WebCombo controls that works fine in ie7 and ie8 but "breaks" down the activex control on ie9.
    There is also a button which opens up a WebDialogWindow, that if it is a modal window, it "hides" the activex control, so the page looks bad, and if it is a normal window(not modal) it hides bhehind the activex control and cannot be used. 
    You can change the IE version by using the developers tools (F12) and change the document mode from 7 to 8 to 9.

The activex control is written in Delphi, and we couldn't find any property or method in the delphi code to help us ovecome this problem.

This page is one of the main pages in our web application, and since WebCombo is retired from version 11.2 and onwards, we cannot upgrade our project to newer versions of Infragistics, because the WebDropDown does not seem to work properly with the activex control.
    We also have to use the X-UA-Compatible meta tag so the browser is compatible to ie7 or ie8, and can not use the ie9 or ie10 renderings.

Any help will be appriciated
    thanks

Children