Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Async updates via WebDatePicker
posted

Hello, I'm trying to use a WebDatePicker to update a WebDataGrid asynchronously with new values from a query in my code behind. Currently, I am using the ValueChanged event to fire the async update. The markup looks something like this:

<asp:UpdatePanel ID="WebDataGridUpdatePanel" runat="server">

<ContentTemplate>

<ig:WebDatePicker ID="EndDatePicker" runat="server" PromptChar="0" Width="105px"

DisplayModeFormat="MM/dd/yyyy">

<AutoPostBackFlags ValueChanged="On" />

<Buttons CustomButton-Text="To" CustomButtonDisplay="OnLeft">

</Buttons>

</ig:WebDatePicker>

<ig:WebDatePicker ID="StartDatePicker" runat="server" PromptChar="0" Width="105px"

CssClass="right minormargin" DisplayModeFormat="MM/dd/yyyy">

<AutoPostBackFlags ValueChanged="On" />

<Buttons CustomButton-Text="From" CustomButtonDisplay="OnLeft">

</Buttons>

</ig:WebDatePicker>

<ig:WebDataGrid ID="WebDataGridTest" runat="server" Height="350px"

AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataSourceID="AvailableLocationDataSource" 

EnableAjax="true">

<Columns>

<ig:BoundDataField DataFieldName="LocationType" Key="LocationType">

</ig:BoundDataField>

<ig:BoundDataField DataFieldName="LocationName" Key="Location">

</ig:BoundDataField>

</Columns>

<Behaviors>

<ig:Selection CellClickAction="Row" RowSelectType="Single">

</ig:Selection>

</Behaviors>

</ig:WebDataGrid>

</ContentTemplate>

<Triggers>

<asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="StartDatePicker" EventName="ValueChanged" />

<asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="EndDatePicker" EventName="ValueChanged" />

</Triggers>

</asp:UpdatePanel>

However, this is less than ideal, because it means the update doesn't happen until after the WebDatePicker loses focus, which requires the client to click somewhere else on the page. I was hoping to do the async update based on the TextChanged event, but that event seems to be client side only.

What I was hoping to do is use javascript to force fire a Blur event to remove focus from the WebDatePicker, which should trigger the ValueChanged event and cause the async update, without requiring the client to do the blur. However, I'm not sure how to do that with the WebDatePicker controls in javascript.

If anyone knows of a way to use the TextChanged to trigger the async update, that would be ideal, but any advice on solving this would be appreciated.

Parents Reply Children