Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Continuous paging / paged load-on-demand
posted

Hello,

is there a way to achieve a sort of "continuous paging" for the WebDropDown?

What I mean: I'd like to have the WebDropDown in Load-On-Demand mode since there are several WebDropDowns in a WebDialogWindow with some of them having thousands of items.

I prefer to allow the users scrolling through the data without having to click on "next page" or whatsoever. 

On the other hand I want the WebDropDown (which is shown in a WebDialogWindow) to have a preselected item. If I set the current page in Load-On-Demand mode so that the preselected item is shown it will load all the items up to the current page. Worst case is preselecting items which are near the end of the item list - the WebdropDown will load almost the complete item list. Which I wanted to avoid due to performance reasons and which is foiling the Load-On-Demand strategy.

This does not happen if I use paging, but then the users have to click through the pages.

Is it possible to really load "single" pages when in Load-On-Demand mode or to scroll through the pages in Paging mode? This would be a most preferable option from my point of view, in particular when combined with the QuickPages option.